Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Reality TV



I am getting really tired of all of the crap shows that are springing up all over television! Reality TV is the worst. Let me clarify, though, that by "reality tv" I do not mean shows on Discovery, or Food Network (Throwdown with Bobby Flay, anyone?) or the like. I am refering to Jersey Shore, the crappy Kardashians, the Real World (unless we are talking 1990's real world, before it became complete trash), even (gasp from the ladies) the bachelor/bachelorette. All that happens is drama, drama, drunkenness, drama, fighting, drama, blah blah blah. Is that really entertaining? That basically describes my college years, been there done that. I don't want to see it on TV. I especially don't want to even thing about the idiots on those shows actually getting PAID for it! Look, I'm all for TV and I probably watch more than I should. I love Food Network, and I love National Geographic. I love cable too, don't get me wrong, but I prefer shows like Criminal Minds, and 30 Rock to the fist pumping foolishness of Jersey Shore... Eric and I recently had a conversation about the decline of great TV shows. When we were kids there were awesome, family time shows on. The Cosby Show, A Different World, Family Ties...etc. They may have been corny by today's standards, but I'd rather watch Theo experience the peer pressure of drugs, but ultimately make the right decision after having a heart to heart with Mr. and Mrs. Huxtable, then watch fake and bake orange losers get hammered and talk about getting laid...I'm just saying...

2 comments:

  1. One of my favorite family shows when you guys were growing up was 7th Heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone my age is watching Jersey Shore and it's all i ever hear about at work and i'm at home watching show like Border Patrol, Documentaries on Hiroshima, or older shows from Buffy to Roseanne. The future of Television is doomed with shows like Jersey Shore and the future of music is doomed with people like Lady GaGa. Basically we're all screwed

    ReplyDelete