Thursday, September 16, 2010

Mixed emotions...


Ok, so last night during the Yankee/Rays game, Jeter pretended to get hit by a pitch. My brother and I watched the replays, and agreed that he may have gotten hit AFTER the ball hit the bat, but I just read the article on Yahoo news, and it seems I was wrong. Jeter admitted that "there was some vibration...and acting. My job is to get on base." Now, I love the Yankees, and I love Jeter, but part of the reason I love them is that I hold them to a higher standard than other teams (and Jeter to a higher standard than other players). They are supposed to be "better". And they lost anyway!!!! I feel duped... it was a cheap trick by a team that is too good for cheap tricks. I want to beat Tampa Bay...crush them actually, but I'd rather do it "fair and square". It could be my impending motherhood that is amplifying my distaste for this sort of thing... but really, its not a setting a good example. I'd hate to see little league-ers throwing themselves at pitches or faking it to get on base. Maybe I'm wrong...being to extreme, but I don't like it. Be better Yanks...do better.

No comments:

Post a Comment