Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Heather for President 2020

I'm thinking about running for President, and because I am a millennial, I figure I'll use social media and blogging to get the word out.  Oh, and of course I'll need a Gofundme account to raise the fees to even get on the ballot...in all 50 states for the best outcome.  I'll hopefully raise enough additional funds to have t-shirts and buttons made for all of my supporters.  The next thing I'll need to do is figure out which political party I align with, though what I'd really like to do is create my own.  Republicratic?  Demolican?  Everyone is way to ONE sided these days and I don't think I want my platform to be so singular.

First and foremost, do I meet the requirements to run?

1.  Citizen of the USA?            Check, I was born here (as were my parents)- good to go.
2.  Lived here for 14+ years?   Check.  My whole life.
3.  At least 35 years of age?     Check.  I'd be the youngest president ever elected, but I meet the requirement.

Other things in my favor:  I've taken public speaking classes (my BA is in Interpersonal Communication).  I have no criminal record.  I'm not a douche bag.

Ok, now for the good stuff:  my campaign.  Here are my stances on some hot topic issues:

Immigration:  Come here LEGALLY.  Speak, or learn to speak, English.  Get a job and pay taxes, like everyone else.

Same-Sex Marriage:  Why is this still an issue?  No one elses marriage should matter to you, but your own.  Grow up and get over it.  Thanks.

Education:  Please, dear lord, tell me why teachers get paid so little in comparison to many other jobs.  Years and years (and years) of education are required, they are subject to unnecessary, and
unattainable goals, and we treat them like crap.  Furthermore, can we get some funding in ECE??  THOSE teachers are also REQUIRED by some states to be highly educated, but yet they get treated like babysitters.

Gun Control:  Stupid people with guns kill people, not the guns.  Can we have Stupid people control?  In all seriousness, stricter policies on purchases are definitely in order.

Taxes:  Wealthy people should pay higher taxes.  #sorrynotsorry.  I'm a teacher, I can't afford taxes.

Terrorism:  I'm going to pass this issue off to be handled by the "First Gentleman", Eric Pilletere.

Who's going to vote for me???



1 comment: