Sunday, January 11, 2009

Making Friends

So, Eric and I moved here (to Colorado) in August. I am a pretty friendly person, so I thought I would have no problem making friends...there is only one problem. I find that I compare everyone to my friends back home. The truth is, I LOVE Colorado, but I dont want new friends...I want MY friends. I love the friends I already have. So, I am finding it is much harder to meet people than I had anticipated. I know I need to meet people but I just want my friends from NY to be here.

Anyway, I had a work party today and there is a girl I work with who just got married in July, and moved from California. She said we should get together (us and our husbands), b/c they dont know many people here either.

I know it is a good idea, and I am excited about finding a "couple" to spend time with. I just hope that I am not constantly thinking, "she is not as funny as Amber", or "we dont click like Michelle and I", or "He isnt as witty as Dan"... I'll keep you posted

1 comment:

  1. So this is the one I wanted to post on a while ago and couldn't. LOL Did you ever go out with the girl from work and her husband? It really is a good idea to go have drinks or something. With all of the technology nowadays you will not lose touch with all your friends here. What a great oportunity to meet some people who just got married just like you. Besides you can never have to many friends

    ReplyDelete